The Heart Gallery’s Dream Team ensures foster child feel special on their birthdays by providing personalized gifts, hosting unique birthday parties, and planning one-of-a-kind experiences that celebrate important milestones and support a child’s sense of self-worth.
It’s this simple: children in foster care miss out on important activities typically provided by birth parents. Our kids move from place to place, disrupting their school year, and their involvement in clubs, sports and extra-curricular activities.
The Dream Team was created to help fill in these gaps by providing experiences, specifically designed for each child’s interests, which are not otherwise available to our kids.
Here’s some cool things the Dream Team has already done for our kids:
- Maysoon’s Senior Prom- the works! Tickets, dress, shoes, hair, make-up, dinner, and limo ride
- Zachary began his musical career with a new guitar and music lessons.
- Chavon celebrated her 15th birthday, Quinceañera style!
- Selena got a behind-the-scenes tour with Busch Gardens’ Veterinarian Team
- Jicarri attended his first Broadway show, enjoyed a backstage tour and private cast meet & greet
You can make dreams come true. Become a Birthday Buddy today by selecting a specific Heart Gallery child and then click on their BE MY BIRTHDAY BUDDY! button. Every donation helps make positive memories for a child in foster care.